January 29, 2012

EXHALE (VP Notice)




So who knew I was waiting to exhale?  I certainly didn't.   But when I saw that email with the second 2 most beautiful letters in the world - V.P. (second only to the letters E.P.), well I nearly fainted!   Or more like I hyper ventilated!   I think I stared at the subject portion of the email for a full 60 seconds before I began yelling at the top of my lungs for my husband.  You would think an alligator just broke into my home and was standing guard at my refrigerator the noise I was making.   Needless to say he came running into to room to make sure no one was killing me, or making off with his 59" TV.

I was so sure that the email was a mirage that I didn't want to risk reading it for fear it would disappear, so I had my husband read it to me.   And sure enough, it was our notice that Kwon had been scheduled for his VP (visa physical).    

Hallelujah!!!!   

Four days ago:  10 months, 1 week, and 5 days of waiting since receiving our referral, we finally began to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.  

Now being scheduled for his VP does not in any way mean that this race is done.  Kwon still needs to have his EP (exit permit) submitted and approved by the Korean government before he would be allowed to leave Korea for his new home; but this VP appointment is definitely a step in the right direction.   

With EP submissions stalled since last October we (my fellow AP moms-in-waiting and myself) have been on edge with nervous anticipation, waiting on news of the first set of EP submissions for the year.  January was tough.  We all truly expected EPs to resume sometime during the first week of the new year, and when they didn't it was heartbreaking...  heart shattering!   Our new hope is that EP submissions resume this February (as in the next few days)  …Fingers crossed.  

So here's to many more VP's, and a whole lot of EP's this coming week!!! 



BTW...  Even though I still haven't been able to read that email, I did let out a huge sigh of relief.

      

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I remember how those two little letters made me feel,too. So, excited for you and to see movement! I pray that Kwon will be in your arms before February is over.

    ReplyDelete