December 15, 2010

I'm Back!











  

Hey All ! ! !

 
I've finally found a few moments of peace where I can settle down and put some words together on this blog again. What has it been? Well over a week I think. Gee... that's a long time in between posts.
 
So.... what have I been up to?
 
Well, last weekend we went to another PIP Class with other pre-adoptive parents. Met some more really awesome folks, and had an opportunity to see some of my old pals from our last PIP Class -- all in all it was a fun day.
  
During the class an adult adoptee came in for a visit and was kind enough to share many of her experiences with us. She also shared with us her (very personal...very touching) reasons for wanting to search for her birth mother, needing to connect with her Korean culture, and desires to work with young adoptees. It was an amazing (AMAZING) discussion, and there wasn't one dry eye in the room during much of it.
That day we also met with our wonderful social worker to discuss a few issues that, looking back, were really not issues...lol, but you know how things go when you're in the moment. :o)

Finally we drove over to my MIL's house for dinner with the family who were eagerly awaiting news and updates on how things were going with the adoption process.
 
All in all.....it was an awesome week/weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment