December 27, 2010

Home Study Visits













  
I hadn’t written anything about our home study visits before today because there was just so much going on, and so much that we were unsure of with regards to needing permission to post, or even wanting to post, that I thought I would just wait it out until we were officially HSTK, or at least very nearly so....which we are, so here's a quick run down of our home study experience.

Our first visit with our social working was a bit nerve wrecking for us… and by the way, this is not a reflection on our SW’s personality. Not at all. It was just all us. Or maybe I should say….All Me. :o)

I so wanted everything to be perfect that I almost drove my husband mad with planning. I picked out our outfits, I made sure that we stuck to our schedule so that we would be ready for her as soon as she was ready for us… I kept asking him what I though the interview would be like…what questions she would ask…what topics would be the most important, etc., etc., etc…. And if I didn’t know better I think he had half a mind to move me downstairs into the guest room….lol.

Anyway, turns out I had nothing to worry about. Our social worker was amazing! Incredible! She made us feel so comfortable, so at ease, that they conversation simply flowed. (It didn’t hurt that we seem to have similar personalities so that together we were more like two old girlfriends catching up after weeks apart, than an interviewer and interviewee). Now don’t take this to mean that she wasn’t on the job. Oh yes sir… there were many a serious question raised, and quite a few posed by DH and I as well. But all in all it was no where near as stressful a situation as I had imagined (which is good, because I have a really vivid imagination). :o)
  
Our other visits went equally well, and so I know in a short while, we'll be approved.
  
Can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment